All 42 art Reviews

Intruder Intruder

I love the simple narrative that you have created in this composition. I am also digging the reflections in the shell.

Patsy Fanart Patsy Fanart

Your portrait has great expression and the lighting and facial details. The lighting on his face is really well done. I think you could push this a lot further though with additional refinement to your rendering and perhaps try so texture overlays.

Dragon Master Dragon Master

I am really digging your center line composition. I recently just did one myself but using dynamic symmetry to plan the rest out. I love the touch of the dragon’s tongue wrapping around the girl. I think the dragon’s face is flattening out a bit. Perhaps not enough value definition? I also like the styling of art.

mind mind

I really love the emotion you convey through the color pallet and brush work.

Moonshine Moonshine

Very impressive for such a short amount of time.

Rounin Rounin

You have some good skill into this but I do see some problem areas. The first one is that there is a tangent happening with the tip of the sword and his scarf, also they are practically the same color, so the sword tip gets lost. Second your colors are clean but monotone. Shadows tend to get cooler in color. Doing an overlay or softlight color change with a warm color on the lighted areas and a cool color in the shadowed areas would do wonders for this. Hope that helps.

Violet Violet

I like the design and the pose plus you executed your skill very well on the character. I think though you could have made this stronger by adding some foreground foliage which would add extra depth.

the Terror-Former the Terror-Former

The character and the execution of your skill is very well done, however I feel that the composition has a little bit to be desired. I feel that you may have a little too much negative space in the foreground. I think if you had some extra minor details that would add to the environment you are trying to convey. Perhaps things like mushrooms and things that have died the muck. Having more fore ground elements would also add more visual depth. Hope that helps.

jouste responds:

Thanks for the feedback,

I actually was just messing around with the same image size as my previous image and just wanted to try something. It didn't work out and your right. thanks for the comment!

*highfives*

The Rk The Rk

Nice but could always have room for improvement.

Very nice use of perspective although It hink you could have pushed your atmoshperic perspective just a tad stronger. Also throwing in the suggestion of an people moving about would have given it more life.

Nambread responds:

Yeah, I was thinking that as well, think it can be improved massively with a few more hours, but I'm on a tight deadline as is and this does well enough to set the look of the building for now :P

I'll upload a revised version once I've had a chance to go back to it. I also think it's a little too cool and desaturated, makes it look a little flat.

Halloween painting Halloween painting

Very Whimsical

I really like how playful and whimsical this piece is and the colors are very fun as well. I feel though that you could have created stronger contrast with the object that were closer to us as your background, middle ground and foreground all seem to use the same values

AssKiller responds:

Entirely agree with you ! The aerial perspective could have been worked a lot more !